Sunday, July 13, 2008

First!

So I've been kicking around the idea of starting a WoW blog for a while. But why? There are probably more WoW blogs out there than there are gold sellers so what on earth made me think there was need for one more? Well, there's not. But my hope is that there are other players out there like me who play mostly solo, aren't raiders, hate pugs, but who enjoy playing WoW so much they spend a good portion of their now-WoW time reading about it as well.

I've got a feed reader with so many WoW blogs it's triple digits for new posts every day. But, while I enjoy them all (hence the reason I read them!) they all seem to be experiencing a WoW I'm not part of. I'm interested in their raiding stories, love hearing of their guild community experiences, and take great knowledge from their theory crafting. But my WoW time is generally spent solo, sometimes with one or two others, and almost always bouncing between several different classes.

I primarily play paladins, shaman, druids, and hunters but this isn't a class blog. I'm in a tiny guild with at most 3 or 4 players online at a time and that is only under the rarest of occassions. I've done enough pvp for a couple of fear trinkets and another piece of gear, but it's far from a passion of mine.

What I do have, is two and a half years of game play, five characters in outlands, ten "mains" that all seem to get their time in, and a strong love and interest in a game I never imagined I'd play, let alone spend so much time in.

Hopefully, I'll have something interesting to say.

No comments: